REG MURPHY CENTER
FOR ECONOMIC AND POLICY STUDIES
COLLEGE OF COASTAL GEORGIA
The Reg Murphy Center for Economic and Policy Studies, located in the School of Business and Public Management at the College of Coastal Georgia, is dedicated to serving the local community in providing insight and information on economic and public policy issues that are important for the community.
For the most recent updates on our work and news relevant to our local economy, follow @RegMurphyCenter on Twitter.
The Murphy Center
- Produces reports on the local and regional economy
- Produces reports on public policy issues that affect the region and the community
- Serves as a storehouse of data on the local and regional economy
The Murphy Center also conducts special studies upon a client’s request. We will work with you to define your research objectives and prepare a proposal for the study to be conducted. Commissioned studies are produced on a fee-for-service basis.
The publications found here are the products of research conducted by The Murphy Center faculty. Our research focuses on economic and policy issues that are important to South Georgia. Our publications also include research conducted by College of Coastal Georgia students, whom we encourage to develop research and analytical skills in service of the community. We welcome your feedback and suggestions.
Dr. Don Mathews, Professor of Economics, College of Coastal Georgia
Affiliated Full-time Faculty
- Dr. Skip Mounts, Dean of the School of Business and Public Management and Professor of Economics, College of Coastal Georgia
- Dr. Heather Farley, Chair of the Department of Criminal Justice, Public Policy & Management and Assistant Professor of Public Management, College of Coastal Georgia
- Dr. Melissa Trussell, Assistant Professor of Economics, College of Coastal Georgia
- Dr. Ian Easton, Assistant Professor of Health Informatics, College of Coastal Georgia
- Reg Murphy, Emeritus Executive in Residence, College of Coastal Georgia
- Dr. Cliff Sowell, Professor Emeritus of Economics, Berea College
- Dr. Mary Eleanor Wickersham, Professor Emerita of Public Management, College of Coastal Georgia
Dr. Don Mathews