Safety and SecurityThe Office of Residence Life and Housing and Campus Police are committed to creating and maintaining a safe and secure environment for all our residents. Our partnership has implemented the following security measures with more in development:
The exterior doors of Lakeside Village and Mariner Village are always locked and residents gain entry only by their Mariners Access Card. Coastal Place Apartments has physical keys for their apartments. Only residents and their approved guests have access. We have trained professional and student housing staff living in the residence halls. Housing staff and Campus Police are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for assistance. Resident Assistants perform conduct rounds throughout the residence hall at night for assistance and policy enforcement. In case of emergencies, the Southeast Georgia Health System is adjacent to College of Coastal Georgia.
- A Residence Hall Handbook
- Door access security for exterior and interior doors in Lakeside Village
- Video-surveillance at the entrances and around the residence halls
- Emergency call boxes around Lakeside Village and Mariner Village and video-surveillance in the parking lots of the residence halls
- Gated access parking lot entrance only for residents with a residence life parking lot permit