Anchor Days 2020
Anchor Days is a virtual program that assists new students in their transition to the College of Coastal Georgia. The program is designed to familiarize students with the campus, outline academic expectations, and highlight programs and services that will assist in student success. At the end of the program, students will leave ready to begin the academic year with a better understanding of the campus community and fully integrated into the Mariner culture.
For Fall 2020, Anchor Days will only be offered to new freshmen who are taking courses on the Brunswick campus.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How long do I have to complete my Anchor Days Quest?
- Students will have until Monday, August 31, 2020 @ 11:59pm to complete the first 10 items on their Anchor Days quest.
WHO MUST COMPLETE ANCHOR DAYS?
The program is required for:
- First time freshmen who are taking courses in-person on the Brunswick campus.
- First time freshmen are those new students who have not attended another institution full time prior to enrollment who are under the age of 22. This includes our Windward Scholar and other former Dual Enrollment students.
The program is not required for:
- First time freshmen who are entirely on-line for Fall 2020
- First time freshmen who are attending all their courses in person at the Camden Center
- Transfer students – new students who have attended another institution full time prior to enrollment, not including Dual Enrollment work.
- Ages 22+
- Readmitted / Continuing Students
- Students beginning Summer 2020
DO STUDENTS HAVE TO Complete ANCHOR DAYS?
Yes…new, first time freshmen taking in-person courses on the Brunswick campus must complete the required first 10 items of the Anchor Days Quest. Participation will be checked at the end of the program. If a student is unable to complete the Anchor Days Quest, they must submit their reason with supporting documentation in writing to email@example.com, subject line: Anchor Days. Requests will be reviewed by the Vice President for Student Affairs & Enrollment Management.
HOW DO I SIGN UP FOR ANCHOR DAYS?
You don’t have to sign up for Anchor Days. We will be expecting all of our incoming first-time freshmen students age 21 and under who are attending classes in person at the Brunswick campus to complete the program. All you have to do is get started!
IS THERE A COST FOR ANCHOR DAYS?
Students will pay a one-time $50 orientation fee that covers the cost of NAVIGATE, Coastal Connection LIVE, Anchor Days, and the Coastal Discovery Workshops.
SHOULD PARENTS Complete ANCHOR DAYS?
While we welcome parents and families to talk with their students about their experience, Anchor Days is designed for students only.
WHO DO I CONTACT WITH QUESTIONS ABOUT ANCHOR DAYS?
Questions about Anchor Days can be directed to the Division of Student Affairs at (912) 279-5802 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org subject line: Anchor Days.